Input File Formats
QuickSnap accepts a CSV file containing AN-SNAP data items. Each row contains the AN-SNAP data items for grouping a single Episode or Palliative Care Phase.
QuickSnap supports a number of file formats, depending on the version of AN-SNAP to which you are grouping:
Version 3 Formats
- QuickSnap Native Format: this format uses the native AN-SNAP code sets and will allow you to arrive at any AN-SNAP class (it supports both Overnight and Ambulatory episode/phase types)
- QuickSnap DSS Compatible Format: this format uses data items and code sets from IPHA's DSS (Data Set Specification) and DRS (Data Request Specification) standards.
- At present, DSS does not contain all the data items required for grouping Ambulatory episodes, however this format contains the data items necessary for grouping any overnight Episode
Version 4 Formats
Please note that to use the AN-SNAP Version 4 formats, you will need to update to the latest version of QuickSnap.
- QuickSnap Native Format v4 (FIM Detail): uses AN-SNAP native code sets, contains FIM Items and HoNOS summary items (suitable for grouping to all AN-SNAP v4 classes)
- QuickSnap Native Format v4 (FIM Summary): uses AN-SNAP native code sets, contains FIM Subscale Items and HoNOS summary items (cannot group Admitted Rehabilitation classes)
- QuickSnap Native Format v4 (Full Detail): uses AN-SNAP native code sets, contains FIM Items and HoNOS detail items (suitable for grouping to all AN-SNAP v4 classes)
- QuickSnap DSS Compatible Format v4: uses DSS/DRS code sets, contains FIM Items and HoNOS details items (suitable for grouping to all AN-SNAP v4 classes)
Each file format page includes an Excel template and a sample file in that format to help you understand how to use it.
Output File Formats
QuickSnap outputs the same file, with the AN-SNAP class (or error class) appended to the end of each row.
Because AN-SNAP error classes are somewhat limited, QuickSnap can also create an 'error' file which lists in detail the errors which were encountered during grouping.
Follow this link to learn about Error Messages in QuickSnap.